Thursday 11 March 2010

mind your manors

I often while away a spare moment or two by day dreaming of my perfect house - and yet every day I imagine a different type of house. I would normally consider myself a decisive person so why can't I settle on the dream home? How annoying. There are just too many to chose from. I surrender.

I lurch from a sleek contemporary barn with a catalogue of needless gadgets, to the sweetest country cottage complete with foxgloves and rambling roses ( a new oak framed one of course, or, at the very least, one with extension potential). 

In my more extreme day dreams I am ensconced in a palatial mansion - the type with a designated room for every imaginable pastime. I am talking sitting room, snug, family room AND drawing room. Pantry, larder, wine cellar, laundry, boot room AND utility room. Office, library, study AND home cinema. Nothing less than 8 bedrooms with attached spas for each.
And then I get woken up by Gabriel driving into my leg with his retro style ride on.

But there are some lucky souls who do get the dream - and Border Oak do build some rather lovely manor houses.


unusual red render - the middle gable will be glazed throughout

It is hard to even describe the size of this house we are building - ginormous as Minerva would say

fancy chimneys


A more reasonable sized home? 8 bedrooms I think..........

No comments:

Post a Comment