Monday 1 February 2010

Ooh - I'd like one of these


My beau went southward to visit some potential oak frame garage clients (or 'shed carts' as Min calls them!) the other day and by chance drove past this new barn. And guess what? It's a Border Oak house. Small world eh?

It's based on one of our most popular designs - Able Barn - and I love it. I don't know if the owners are going to paint the weather board cladding but I really like the dark grey of the windows and think I will do the same with the showhouse windows. What do you guys think - maybe I should go darker with the showhouse windows as we will have oak cladding that will go silvery grey over time? Ah I love it when a plan comes together!

speaking of the showhouses the little one is underway - the roof starts next week - and looks very dinky and cute (pics soon once the scaffold comes down) but the bigger, contemporary house is still in for planning.........what is taking them so long? Planning approval is one of the most frustrating parts of self building without a doubt.

2 comments:

  1. I'm smitten with the Able Barn and this is not helping my growing obsession... I agree the windows look fab.
    Are you going to be at the homebuilding and Renovating show at the NEC in March?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    yes we will be at the NEC - we have a big stand which I am just designing as we speak - a bit of a rush to get it done for March............
    Abel Barn is really lovely (def one of my faves anyway) , my cousin has just made a replica model of a AB variation and even that looks brilliant. we are hoping to bring it to the NEC but it may be a bit fragile. If you want free NEC tickets just phone the office and they will post some.

    ReplyDelete