Monday 12 July 2010

boo!

Hi there!
I bet you thought I had forgotten all about my little blog? No fear!

But I have been super busy making ridiculous amounts of work for myself - trying to prove that 'working from home' is actually viable.........

In no particular order here are some of the tasks I have been wrestling into submission (aka making a list every day of things to do - do none of them - but at the end of the day add a few more 'to do things' onto the aforementioned to do list) oh dear.

1. A new, all singing all dancing, Border Oak website
2. A new, all singing all dancing, Border Oak Outbuildings brochure
3. A new, blah blah blah, set of design portfolios
4. Brand new branding (one of the founders retired so the headed note paper needs changing and as it is our 30th year we have a change of mini logo - quite exciting having a new look!)
5. Helping some of our lovely, lovely clients enter a self build competition (boy have I been humbled by how kind and passionate our clients are - very touching).
6. Setting up the redecoration and landscaping of the main office - which reminds me, why would a paint supplier quote 10 WEEKS delivery when you can nip into town and get the colour matched in an hour? Bizarre.
7. working out ways to celebrate our 30th year - needs to be something fun, inclusive and hopefully charity based. We collected some great ideas but have to narrow them down - hopefully before 2011.
8. Interview and employ a new 'front of house'
9. Design a new seasonal newsletter
10. Complete the little showhouse cottage and plan the big 'proper' showhouse.

Phew - see how easy it is to make a list? I have more, but thought 10 was a good round number. Strangely I love nothing more than getting a note book and a decent pen and making a list. And as all 'listmakers' will testify - a good list has sublist for each category. And I like to make little sketches next to my sublists so all in all an hour or so can be passed under the premise of list making. Cup of Earl Grey is compulsory. Which reminds me to add to the list.....
11. Design and commission Border Oak mugs and tea towel.


I didn't have much to show you so here are some old photos I have collected over a year or so for inspiration, and a beautiful sketch of the showhouse we are hoping to build when we get a spare 5 mins.


No comments:

Post a Comment